Know this

Sunday 4 June 2017

Tea

Who doesn't like tea? I like tea, I like coffee = best of both worlds. In an attempt to cut back on dairy I have been drinking black tea - specifically, French Earl Grey tea (who knew there was such a thing?
French Earl Grey has a much stronger bergamot flavour which I love, the stronger the better. English Early Grey is much milder and more... well.. plain black-tea-like.

I get my French Earl Grey from the T2 store- a veritable tea emporium, a sensory delight in a shopping mall.


It's base is black tea and bergamot is added along with hibiscus, mallow, sunflower and rose to create a very fragrant, floral and 'citrus-y' tea.

Jade Mountain

This was the kids' choice. Master 7 and Master 8 chose this one, and what a choice it is. A green tea with  rice (yes), hazelnut brittle (I know), cocoa husk, sweet blackberry leaves, chicory root, almonds, carob fruit and 'flavouring'.

There's something about having a proper cup of tea. With a teapot.




I have since discovered this (from Wikipedia... so... you know...)

        The Earl Grey blend, or "Earl Grey's Mixture", is assumed to be named after Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey, British Prime Minister in the 1830s and author of the Reform Bill of 1832. He reputedly received a gift, probably a diplomatic perquisite, of tea flavoured with bergamot oil.[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment