Know this

Saturday 13 May 2017

Jelly in the shower

Jelly in the shower? There I was browsing in LUSH some time ago, tempted by the smell that wafts out of the shop. I enjoy poking around inside, picking up the soaps and having a good sniff of all sorts of goodies on offer. Their philosophy is 'fresh handmade cosmetics' and I like that they don't test on animals or have any animal derivatives in their products. They  use Sodium Laurel Sulfate in their shampoos which surprised me, I thought they were chemical free and only used natural products. On their ingredients list they show natural products in green and 'safe synthetics' in black.  I guess that natural is a marketing term these days. Something to think about.

Anyway, there is more that I really like about LUSH so let's focus on that.

  1. They don't test on animals. Big tick of approval there from me.
  2. They have minimal packaging. Their pots can be recycled and if you bring back 5 you get a free face mask. Another tick for recyclable packaging.
  3. Ethical buying - we like that

My favourite LUSH products at the moment are their shower jellies. These things are crazy, it really is like a slab of jelly in your shower. It lathers slightly, cleans your skin and its fun to use.
photo from lushusa.com





I'm using Needles and Pines presently and it's great. I LOVE the smell of a pine tree, it's Christmas, serenity and mindfulness all rolled into one. For me, the smell of pine trees evokes my childhood; I have memories of running around in pine forests, collecting cones and hearing the dead needles crunch under my feet.







 The jelly  refreshes your senses whether you use it to wind up in the morning or to wind down in the evening. It has grapefruit oil infused in it as well.



Photos are stock images








No comments:

Post a Comment