Know this

Thursday 27 April 2017

Frankie Magazine

I discovered Frankie magazine quite by accident. I like to while away some spare time in bookshops and the sheer range of magazines never ceases to amaze me. There is a magazine for every hobby, sport and proclivity known. I definitely appreciate a bookshop with a wide range of magazines on offer.

If I am honest it was the cover of Frankie that caught my eye. I was there, browsing, looking for something different. Sick of "celebrity: gossip, photo shopped models, perfectly styled food etc., I was looking for something different, a mix of everything I like in a magazine; interesting stories/articles, shopping, food, design, garden etc., and Frankie has it all, and then some.



The cover always has an interesting illustration on it and never screams what's inside on it. It lures you closer to have a flick through and see what takes you. The by-line under the masthead says:
design/art/photography/fashion/travel/music/craft/home/life.  What more could you want?

It hails from Australia and is produced bi-monthly. Now this mag ain't cheap at $12.50 a pop but they have never let me down yet. There is a very comprehensive website Frankie.com.au with all their social media links, digital issues and  free wallpapers. Speaking of wallpapers you get a free pull-out wallpaper with a monthly planner on the back. Often they have free postcards or just nice bits of paper for you to use as you will.
Here is just a sample  of some of the articles in Issue 76. As I said, it's full of interesting stuff that appeals to me enormously. I have a large stack of these which I like to peruse periodically, dipping back into old issues and usually finding something I may have skimmed over the first time.

Frankie Magazine - laudable



No comments:

Post a Comment